Agriculture is one of the corner stones to ensure sustainable food security for a developing country such as South Africa. Inlexso has recognised the need to specifically focus on providing dedicated legal services to the agricultural sector with a specific emphasis on agricultural services companies, agricultural representative organisations and large scale farming operations.
Agriculture Legal Services:
- Commercial agreements and transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising on compliance with various acts and regulations including competition issues, National Credit Act, Petroleum Products Act etc.
- Legal advice on short term insurance matters.
- Drafting of production cost agreements and other loan agreements
- Drafting and advice on security documents (cessions, sureties and guarantees)
- Drafting and advice on production agreements and mill door agreements
- Drafting and advice on all agreements relating to projects to assist emerging farmers
- Case management and advice on all litigation matters.
- Advice and management of insolvency and liquidation matters
- Advising on collections and the debtors’ book
- Advice on National Credit Act
- Fuel licenses
- All property related matters.
- All labour related matters
- Health and Safety related matters
- Environmental law and compliance
- Company secretarial services
- Training and audits on Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS), Quality Management Systems (ISO9001), Environmental
- Management Systems (ISO14001)
Inlexso has extensive experience in matters pertaining to the agricultural sector and has as a good understanding of the legal needs and requirements of the agricultural industry.
One of our consultants headed up the legal department of an agri-business for 8 years and dealt with all commercial-legal aspects relating the agricultural sector for a number of years whilst some of our other consultants provided advisory services to the agricultural sector for a number of years.