Compliance with the legislative framework applicable to companies and other legal entities in South Africa, especially the Companies Act, 2008, demands knowledge of the multitude of relevant regulations and adherence to the resulting statutory and administrative red tape. Every organisation, regardless of size, must comply with these regulations, or run the risk of punitive fines, reputational damage, company deregistration or even criminal prosecution.
By providing you with a comprehensive statutory and company secretarial service, we add value to your company, leaving you free to focus on the prosperity of your business while secure in the knowledge that your company is compliant and your affairs are in order.
How We Can Help You
We offer a comprehensive statutory and company secretarial function that is tailored according to each client’s expectations. We promote an open door policy and clients are encouraged to contact us at any time for practical, hands-on advice. Our services include, but are not limited to:
Commercial Legal Services:
- Formation and registration of public, private and not for profit companies
- Formation, amendments and registration of trusts
- Amendments to company information and lodgement to CIPC
- Electronically maintain statutory records and registers required in terms of the Companies Act, 2008
- Lodge Annual Returns and financial statements to CIPC
- Prepare written director and shareholder resolutions
- Meeting Management, inclusive of drafting agendas, preparing meeting packs, attending meetings, drafting minutes and action reports
- Maintain directors declarations in terms of section 75(5) of the Companies Act
- Convert companies and close corporations
- Deregister and voluntary liquidate companies
- Reinstate deregistered companies
- Draft and amend Memorandums of Incorporation
- Draft Board Charters and Terms of Reference for board and committees
- Provide guidance in terms of statutory and regulatory requirements
Our company secretarial staff has the expertise and experience to take care of the demanding statutory and regulatory compliance requirements of your company to ensure all Companies Act obligations are being met. Our professionals have experience in various industry sectors such as mining, industrial, steel manufacturing, health and tertiary institutions and have dealt extensively with non-profit organisations and environmental trust funds.