Energy Legal Services
Africa is a continent faced with enormous energy challenges and offers rewarding possibilities to develop and invest in a diverse range of energy projects. Africa is a continent faced with enormous energy challenges and offers rewarding possibilities to develop and invest in a diverse range of energy projects.
How We Help You
Inlexso has extensive knowledge and experience on all legal aspects relating to the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Programme (RE-IPPP) as well as other spheres of the energy sector which means that we can deliver high value to you from day one.
We advise in relation to energy projects, we advise on project development, financing and corporate transactions.
We have advised on all legal aspects pertaining to large-scale renewable energy projects and coal baseload projects, locally and cross-border.
Inlexso also offers significant experience in all aspects of management services, construction, operational and maintenance contracts.
Energy Legal Services
|Legal Due Diligence|
|Mergers and Acquisitions
|Bid preparation and bid submission|
|Project Finance and Financial closure|
|Project Execution support|
Preparation, negotiation and finalisation of:
- Power purchase agreements;
- Wheeling agreements;
- Property right agreements;
- Licensing and consents;
- Project infrastructure development agreements;
- Engineering, procurement and construction agreements (EPC);
- Operation and maintenance agreements (O&M);
- Project finance agreements both with local and international funders.
Our team of admitted attorneys and advocates has over 50 years of local and international commercial experience. Our clients include both listed and unlisted South African entities, tertiary institutions, mining houses and steel manufacturers. Some practical examples of matters that we have been and are involved with are:
- Drafting and negotiating various joint ventures
- Acquisition of energy projects
- Instrumental in bid submission, reaching financial close and
- project execution in two successful bids in the REIPPP projects;
Training & consulting available on all services