The body of South African Labour and employment laws, rules and regulations is constantly expanding and becoming increasingly intricate. As a result of this, line managers and essential HR personnel are often not familiar with applicable legislation, which can pose a significant risk for your organisation’s assets, relationships and reputation. Identifying HR and Labour related legal risks upfront is essential to protect your organization from becoming entangled in costly and complex legal procedures, as well as to maintain healthy and effective relationships with your workforce.
How We Can Help You
Inlexso can assist your Legal Department with direct access to our team of qualified lawyers with extensive experience in regulatory compliance and effective management of labour and employment issues. We comprehensively train line managers and essential HR staff in the formal process of applying discipline consistently in the workplace. We also assist with external labour disputes at the respective labour tribunals and courts.
If you don’t have a legal department or labour-law literate HR department, we can simply manage the entire process for you.
Labour Legal Services:
- Drafting and vetting of employment contracts, retention, restraint of trade, employment equity
- Management shares and other incentives
- Outsourcing and labour broking
- Expatriate and foreign nationals
- Discipline, grievance, harassment and victimization
- Individual and collective dispute resolution at CCMA, Bargaining Council and Labour Court level.
- Training programmes (e.g. disciplinary code, sexual harassment, employment equity)
- Collective bargaining (recognition agreements wage negotiations, business restructuring, dispute procedures)
- Strike management
- Mergers and Acquisitions, integration of businesses, workplace change, transfer of employees, outsourcing
- Industry Charters and BBEE compliance on HR level
- Employment benefits (e.g. Medical Aid, Pension Funds, Group Life, Disability benefits)
- Nedlac / BUSA / Chamber of Mines New Legislation Task Team
- Advisor to Boards of Trustees of Retirement Funds and Disability Cell Captives
Our team of admitted attorneys specializes in individual and collective labour law and has extensive experience in a broad range of industries. Some practical examples of matters that we have been and are involved with are:
- On chamber of Mines labour law amendment task team advising BUSA on labour law changes
- Various sec 197 transfers due to mergers and acquisitions between employers affecting several thousand employees on each occasion
- In negotiating team of several employers during wage negotiations and COSATU unions like NUMSA, NUM, NEHAWU and SATAWU
- Involved in establishment of bargaining councils
- Retrenchments and redeployment of tens of thousands of employees
Latest Updates and Articles
As of the 2 August 2017, the Protected Disclosure Amendment Act 5 of 2017 (“the Act”) came into effect bringing about a few changes and implications to be noted. This article will canvas the major changes made by the Act, along with the possible consequences and...
Employers often underestimate the importance of following a correct procedure during internal disciplinary hearings, which is often to their detriment. Employees frequently resign in the face of disciplinary action. Employers in the private and public sector will be all too familiar with this scenario.
Sexual harassment has been described by the Labour Appeal Court (LAC) as the most heinous misconduct that plagues the workplace. Not only is it demeaning to the victim, it undermines the dignity, integrity and self-worth of the harassed employee…