Property & Mining
Managing a property portfolio or a mining portfolio can be a tedious administrative burden on any organization and we have recognized and identified the need to assist organizations by developing a management system which can be implemented, monitored and maintained. We understand the risks involved in any organization with a property portfolio or a mining portfolio to secure and maintain its rights and can not only manage your portfolio but also ensure that the organization complies with its own corporate framework and delegation policies as well as property and mining legislation to ensure security of tenure.
How can we add value to your business?
Inlexso deals with substantial property portfolios as well as mining portfolios on behalf of various clients.
We understands the need not only to provide legal advice but also to fulfill an administration function combined with commercial viability.
Inlexso can deliver the following services:
- Formulate, negotiate and draft agreements relating to the sale or acquisition of prospecting or mining rights as well as property.
- Drafting of section 11, 54 and 102 applications.
- Furnish legal advice on interpretation of the MPRDA, compliance therewith; furnish and attend to due diligence reports.
- Litigation involving securing rights as well as negotiations with land owners or occupiers in respect of payment of damages, relocation agreements etc.
- Attending to expropriation and land claim matters on behalf of land owers.
- Formulate, negotiate and/or draft agreements relating to movable and immovable property including residential, agricultural or commercial property (sale, exchange, donate, lease, servitude, way-leave, private sidings, cessions etc)
- Managing a property portfolio or a mining portfolio can be a tedious administrative burden on any organization and we have recognized and identified the need to assist organizations by developing a management system which can be implemented, monitored and maintained.
- Assist organisations by developing a management system which can be implemented, monitored and maintained.
All legal work in respect of the establishment of townships, rezoning, consent uses, upliftment of restrictive conditions, negotiating with municipalities in respect of service agreements, drafting of service agreements.
- Attending to tenders, initializing the tender process, drafting of tender, place advertisements, furnish reports on all tenderers, attend meetings with tenderers on short-list, awarding tender, negotiate with successful tenderer, drafting agreement and administering the process.
- Objections and appeals against property rates, negotiating with municipality, consulting with valuers, furnish legal opinion in respect of prescribed legislation
Manage land claims with Department Land Affairs, furnish client with legal opinions in respect of ESTA and PIE, attend to eviction applications.
- Attend to High Court and Magistrate’s Court litigation in respect of any property and mining related matters.
- Obtain SG diagrams, attend to deed searches and obtaining copies of title deeds (Windeed / Searchworks), attend to company searches (CIPC), managing of all.
Our team which consists of admitted attorneys and conveyancers has over 30 years experience in the property and mining industry and our clients include both listed and unlisted South African entities, tertiary institutions, mining houses and steel manufacturers. Examples of transactions that we have been involved with include:
- Compiling and managing immovable property registers
- Initiating and administrating tenders
- Negotiating the acquisition of immovable property over the value of R100 million
- Negotiation the sale and acquisition of prospecting rights over the value of R100 million
- Negotiating with government department for a supply agreement in the value of R2 billion
Training & consulting available on all services