Property & Mining
Managing a property portfolio can be a tedious administrative burden on any organization and we have recognized and identified the need to assist organizations by developing a management system which can be implemented, monitored and maintained.
We understand the risks involved in any organization with a property portfolio to secure and maintain its rights and can not only manage your portfolio but also ensure that the organization complies with its own corporate framework and delegation policies as well as property and related legislation to ensure security of tenure.
How We Can Help You
Inlexso deals with substantial property portfolios as well as mining portfolios on behalf of various clients and understand the need not only to provide legal advice but also to fulfill an administration function combined with commercial viability.
Property & Mining Legal Services
- Formulate, negotiate and draft agreements relating to the sale or acquisition of prospecting or mining rights
- Drafting of section 11, 53 and 102 applications
- Furnish legal opinions on all property and mining law (MPRDA)
- Opinion on zoning of land and facilitation of the rezoning thereof
- Furnish and attend to due diligence reports as well as auditing of the mining/property portfolio
- Litigation involving securing rights as well as negotiations with land owners or occupiers in respect of payment of damages, relocation agreements etc.
- Attending to expropriation and land claim matters on behalf of land owners.
- Formulate, negotiate and/draft agreements relating to immovable property including residential, agricultural or commercial property (sale, exchange, donate, lease, servitude, way-leave, private sidings and cessions)
Our team which consists of admitted attorneys and conveyancers have extensive experience in the property and mining industry and our clients include both listed and unlisted South African entities, tertiary institutions, mining houses and steel manufacturers. Examples of transactions that we have been involved with include:
- compile and manage immovable property registers
- initiate and administrate tenders
- negotiating the acquisition of immovable property over the value of R100 million
- negotiating the sale and acquisition of prospecting/mining rights over the value of R100 million
Latest Updates and Articles
APPEAL FOR REZONING OF MINING LAND: SPATIAL PLANNING AND LAND USE MANAGEMENT ACT OR TOWN PLANNING AND TOWNSHIPS ORDINANCE
Written by Tanya Bailey (Property Law Department) .In the recent judgment in the case between Highlands Organics (Pty) Ltd v The MEC Cooperative Governance and 3 Others under case number 3377/2016 in the High Court of South Africa, Gauteng Division functioning as...
On the 28th July 2016 the Constitutional Court made a decision on the extension of the application of land claims through the Restitution of Land Rights Amendment Act No 15 of 2014 (the “Amendment Act”).
In a recent judgment by the Supreme Court of Appeal (“SCA”) in the case of City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality v P.J. Mitchell 2016 (1) SA 38 (SCA), the court ruled that municipalities may, in certain limited circumstances, hold new owners liable for payment of debt of the previous owner of the immovable property relating to rates, taxes and services.