Corporate Secretarial Services
In today’s business environment, every organisation, regardless of size, must comply with a myriad of legislation and administrative rules and regulations. Non-compliance means running the risk of punitive fines, reputational damage, company deregistration, or even criminal prosecution.
Our corporate secretarial services let you outsource the onerous and time-consuming statutory and administrative red tape, so you can be secure in knowing that your company is compliant with its statutory responsibilities.
We offer a comprehensive corporate secretarial function tailored to your requirements and expectations.
Our proactive team will take care of your company’s demanding legislative and regulatory commitments and provide ongoing compliance, statutory, and administrative support and advice.
- Formation and registration of public, private, non-profit companies, and trusts
- Amendments to company information, including name changes, director changes, financial year-ends, authorised shares, auditor and/or company secretary, address changes, etc
- Convert companies and close corporations
- Assistance with business deregistration, voluntary liquidation, and reinstating of deregistered companies
- Submission of annual returns, financial statements, and compliance questionnaires to the CIPC
- Management and maintenance of statutory records and registers
- Drafting agendas, preparation, and distribution of meeting packs
- Attending meetings, and drafting minutes and action reports
- AGM services, including AGM notice and proxy, minutes, and general meeting management
Governance and compliance:
- Drafting or reviewing board charters, annual work plans, and terms of references for board or executive committees
- Advice on corporate governance requirements, director duties, insider trading, price-sensitive information, and conflicts of interest
- Guidance and advice in respect of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Drafting of governance-related documents, including governance reports for Integrated and/or ESG reporting, King IV reports, group governance frameworks, delegation of authority, etc
- Policy drafting and governance of company policies, including policy registers
- Director training, induction, and declarations
- Agreements regarding corporate restructuring, share capitalisation, and more.
Our professionals have assisted various industry sectors with corporate secretarial services, such as mining, industrial, steel manufacturing, pension funds, health and tertiary institutions and have dealt extensively with non-profit organisations and environmental trust funds.