We look to provide an interactive and customised approach in managing the client’s debt and equity portfolio to ensure due alignment with strategy, tax beneficial allocation and risk mitigation across the full portfolio; incorporating the preparation and negotiation of a full range of finance documents, procuring and coordinating local counsel in different jurisdictions as well as coordinating performance and political risk insurance.
How We Can Help You
Areas of focus include asset backed securities, commercial paper programmes, domestic medium term note programmes, structured note programmes, traditional securitisation programmes and warrant programmes as well as advisory services on asset classes and asset-based financing structures, incorporating off balance sheet operating leases, leveraged leases and export credit finance
Financial Legal Services:
- Assist financial restructuring and management of financial agreements
- Corporate structuring and tax issues
- Structured and leveraged buy-outs
- Joint-Venture Finance
- Reserve Bank and statutory approvals
- Project Finance – including DFI finance and ECA cover and funding
- Lending – bilateral, club and syndicated facilities and security arrangements
- Equity funding
- Structured debt products – Credit products, documentary letters of credit, guarantees, bonds and commercial paper
- Debt restructuring and Workouts
- Debt capital markets – Domestic MTN’s and Commercial Paper Programme
- Preference Shares and Debenture Issues
- Derivatives and Structured Derivatives
- Black Economic Empowerment Transactions
Advice on pan-African structured finance products, including limited recourse funding structures. This involves advice on bidding strategies, multi-sectoral funding (i.e. energy projects, infrastructure projects, PFI/PPP), project equity stakes and risk transfer and mitigation.
We have broad experience in cross-border DCM transactions, advising global corporates and Investment banks; with an international track record in preference share structures, mergers and acquisitions, structured buy-outs, joint ventures, corporate financing, work-outs and BEE equity transactions.
Advice on managing debt portfolios; duly considering the client’s debt and equity requirements for both on a short-term day-to-day needs as well as strategic developments and requirements. To this extent debt portfolios can be sculpted to provide the most tax efficient fit-to-purpose solutions.